When driving in Mexico, your US auto insurance policy won’t provide coverage once you cross the border. However, we make it easy for you find an affordable policy through a dependable Mexican insurance company.
Car insurance in Mexcio
Mexican car insurance laws are similar to the US, but there are a few things you should be aware of before heading across the border:
- Your US insurance policy does not provide coverage in Mexico, and is not accepted as valid insurance by Mexican authorities.
- Mexico requires all drivers to have car insurance.
- To fulfill this requirement you must have an insurance policy issued by a Mexican company
- In the event of an accident, Mexican police can hold you in custody until it is determined that you can pay for any damages you may have caused.
Coverage options and where to buy
Whether you need temporary, short term, or extended coverage it’s easy to find the right policy through our partner MXGA Inc. A typical policy includes:
- Liability insurance up to $300,000
- Medical expenses that pay up to $2000 for each person injured in the event of an accident
- Guaranteed legal assistance and payment of bail bond, if you are detained by Mexican police
- Physical damage and theft coverage
- Roadside assistance and Towing
Start your Mexican car insurance quote, compare rates, and buy online.